Live and Direct

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

All by myself...

Sara left for Seattle this morning, and I already miss her like crazy. Fortunately, I'll be headed that direction myself on February 1. My exams and other obligations here will be wrapped up sooner than I had thought, and it looks like I'll be able to get us moved out of our apartment and find a home for our belongings more easily than I expected, mostly due to the help of our friend Martin.

It feels pretty weird to be at this stage again, perhaps because it feels so much like our move from San Diego to here that it's taking on a much greater sense of finality than in fact is true. The time of the year, the fact that we have to box up all our stuff, etc., make it feel like this is a permanent situation, when in fact it really is just a research sabbatical. Who knows what will happen after this year is up? In the meantime, I'm just looking forward to getting to work on the book and being in Seattle again.

1 Comments:

  • oh didn't realize it was Seattle you guys were coming to. We'll have to get together sometime while you are here.

    By Blogger gapey, at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home