Live and Direct

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

School's! Out! For! Ever!

Or at least for a good long time. I taught my last class for over a year last week, and now I'm oh-ficially on research sabbatical. I have to wrap up administering and grading exams, which will be a bit of a chore since I have a large enrollment course on American literature. But compared to some of the grading I did as a TA, it's really not too bad. And then it's off to work on my book project. I can't wait.

Sara has already bought her ticket back to the States. She leaves January 11, and then I'll follow in early February after I finish exams, then packing up our belongings and putting them in storage. We're looking forward to going back to Seattle, though we're both a bit stressed at the thought undergoing another move (we're on the order of something like seven since January, 2003, if you include all the various stays at Sony's executive apartment, friend's houses, temporary rentals, etc.). I have fantasies of actually living in one place for more than a year and doing something crazy like getting a job where I can plan a future and buy a house. Going back to Seattle while I write a book is definitely part of that long term plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home