Live and Direct

Monday, November 28, 2005

Going to London

We found some super cheap tickets through Ryanair (1 Swedish krone, plus processing fees), so we're going over to London this weekend to stay with my friend, Chris. Chris and I were in college together while I was in Georgia attending classes at UG, Athens back in 1992. We've kept in touch intermittently, but we haven't actually seen each other in at least ten years. So it will be fun to catch up with him and meet his partner, Stephanie.

We'll be attending the Burning Man decompression party in London. It's just a happy coincidence that it's the same weekend, but still, should be good. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to see our crazy friend Lisa as well.

We'll also be going up to Oxford to see one of my colleagues who is on a research sabbatical there. Since I'm a fancy pants professor now, I can attend High Table, which is an age old tradition where faculty members get together, eat a formal dinner, and act stuffy. Since I so rarely get to act like a stuffy professor, I'm really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I'll have to get by with jacket and tie, as my doctoral robes are at the cleaners. Well actually, they're still at the doctoral robes store, since I have never bothered to purchase them. But had I known I would get a chance wear them at Oxford, I might have sprung for the expense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home