Live and Direct

Saturday, October 21, 2006

First week at work

This was my first week at the new job, and so far, I love it. Granted, there have been some reentry turbulence as I struggle to readjust to a regular, 40+ hour work schedule. For some reason, taking a nap every three hours during the day is totally frowned upon at my new place of employment, and evidently they expect me to show results in exchange for salary, which is a radical concept at my former job. But on the plus side, the people are really cool, the project is super badass awesome, and I think I can do the job right for them. I've heard an earful about the guy who was doing this job before me, or rather, not doing it, as the story goes. So while for my new coworkers, the bar isn't set too high, for myself, I really want to do a great job for them and prove myself worthy of their trust in hiring me.

The only real snag right now is that I'm taking the bus, which is fine for going to work in the morning but starts to suck the later you go into the evening returning home. If anybody knows of anybody selling a cheap, reliable car, I'd be happy to hear of it. Also, our cat is totally confused and apparently a little resentful that I'm no longer around during the day to cater to her whims. She's taken to ignoring me when I get home unless I'm willing to commit to at least a good fifteen minutes of playtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home