Live and Direct

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Finally, the big news

The big news on the job front has finally come to pass. I've accepted a position as senior associate producer at a major local video game studio, and I couldn't be happier. The position is a considerable promotion from my previous work at SCEA, with considerable more responsibility. Basically, I will be responsible for building and maintaining the schedule for a very large budget, AAA title, or as the producer describes it, "second in command" of the game. There is plenty of room for growth and advancement down the road, and the game itself, well, it's very cool.

The process of getting the job was very tumultuous. It's been roughly two months since I first applied, and in the interim, I've gone from being convinced I had the job to knowing for sure I wouldn't and back again, several times. I went in for multiple interviews, sent out numerous e-mails, and generally had to fight to convince them that I am the right guy for the job. That effort, and a generous dose of good luck, finally paid last week when they made the offer. My start date is in a couple of weeks.

3 Comments:

  • Congrats! That is good news! -T =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 PM  

  • That's awesome, Trevor! Big congrats!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

  • Hey Trevor,

    Great to hear the good news! I hope that the job goes fantastically and that you two can settle into enjoying being in Seattle.

    Now just work on negociating a proper 6 weeks of holidays so that we can see you over here again at some point!

    Cheers-cij

    By Blogger cij, at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home