Live and Direct

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Unexpected guest


Unexpected guest, #1
Originally uploaded by Trevor_.
In advance of visits this weekend from my mom and Rose, Sara's sister, we got an unexpected guest yesterday morning. This little guy was hanging around the neighbor's house, crying like a ...well, like a lost kitten. At first, he hissed at me and acted like he was going to bolt, so I left him alone. When I came out a little later, he ran over to me and climbed through the fence. I brought him inside and gave him a little breakfast, after which he settled down. I called the shelter to come pick him up, and while in a perfect world we would have kept him and he would have grown up to be the best cat ever, I think he'll still get a better life than the one ahead of him on the streets. The rampant kitten gang activity in our neighborhood is truly out of control, and I would hate to see his face on the evening news.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home