Live and Direct

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Well, I suppose it was inevitable.

I'd been hearing some rumors about another big shake-up at my previous studio, so it wasn't a complete surprise when I read this in today's videogame news. There are apparently some other developments that came along with this that aren't reported, but since I only have third-hand confirmation, I won't comment on them.

I have mixed feelings about this. There was a time when I was wholely committed to getting that game made, despite the obstacles. After all that happened while I was there, it's still disappointing to see that nothing will come out of my work. And it really sucks for the guys who stuck around and tried to make something work. They end up paying the cost of mistakes that weren't theirs.

2 Comments:

  • That's too bad! Did they close the studio, or just choose not to release the game?

    By Blogger Tin Foil Hat, at 3:08 PM  

  • Both, as it turns out. I had heard they shut the studio down, but I hadn't confirmed it until yesterday. It looks like some of my friends are covered, having gotten jobs elsewhere within SCEA San Diego, and a good portion of my really good friends there had alread left, but I'm not sure about the rest. I hear that the lay-off packaged is very generous, so that's good news at least. The positive news is that several studios in the SD area are hiring, so hopefully most of them will land on their feet.

    By Blogger L&D, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home