Live and Direct

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Summer in Copenhagen

It's just shy of 11:00pm as I write this, and the sky outside is barely deep twilight. It won't get really dark for about another hour, and then the sun will come up again around 3:30am. I tend to rise with the sun, so it's really wreaking havoc with my sleep patterns. That and the fact that the alcoholic nutcase upstairs decided to play "I Love a Rainy Night" by Eddie Rabbit along with other mellow country classics at 2:30 in the morning the other night. There may be some justice administered US-style here pretty soon if it happens again. Which means that I plan to invade his apartment, give him a good thumping before having him placed under arrest and whisked off to an undisclosed location, and then refuse to leave the place until a replacement government/occupant is selected that meets my approval. Eddie Rabbit is, of course, recognized by NATO and the UN as a weapon of mass destruction, so by precedent I'm completely justified.

I have to get up early tomorrow to attend an all-day departmental meeting. Ostensibly, it's a meeting to discuss how we're going to implement our newly designed curriculum. In fact, it's a meeting to reconcile some department-wide political differences and general malaise. There has been a fair amount of underhandedness in the department surrounding our curriculum redesign, and while most of it was set in motion before my arrival, it does nevertheless involve my position within the department to some extent. Apart from the personal venom that is being directed back and forth by a few members of the faculty, the whole conflict seems a bit quaint after seeing what I've seen at my previous employer. Hopefully, I'll still feel that way after eight hours of it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home